- Graco SlimFit vs Graco 4Ever – Features, Pros and Cons - January 31, 2023
- Chicco KeyFit 30 vs Chicco Fit2: One is Better - September 13, 2022
- Evenflo Symphony DLX All-In-One Car Seat vs Safety 1st Grow And Go 3-In-1 Convertible Car Seat - September 12, 2022
Nothing says parenthood like having a bunch of questions when it comes to finding the right baby products for your child. You can’t get around the questions or confusion and when you find yourself wondering what the main differences between the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit vs Graco Platinum are, this is probably the best place to start. At first glance, they might seem like virtually the same car seat.
There are honestly very few features that set them apart from one another. But therein lies the issue of trying to figure out which one is better overall.
The Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit, for example, is a little more expensive than the Graco Platinum, so if the price is your main concern, that should help you decide which is best right off the bat.
But if you are concerned about more aspects of each car seat, it’s probably important to know that the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit can remain in the rear-facing position up to 50 pounds, whereas your child will have to be in the Graco Platinum until they reach 40 pounds. Those extra pounds in a safer position can make a huge difference.
On the other hand, the Graco Platinum is a little bit lighter and boasts a six-position recline. It’s easy to go back and forth between each car seat, though, as both are easily at the top of their game and are so similar at their core. So before you make any rash decisions and choose one of them without doing proper homework, take a look at each option a little closer and then decide which is best for your baby in the long run.
Main Differences Between Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit Vs Graco Platinum
The main differences between Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit vs Graco Platinum are:
- The Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit is rated for up to 50 lbs, whereas the Graco Platinum only goes up to 40.
- The Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit is a few inches taller than the Graco Platinum, which can be beneficial as your child grows.
- The Graco Platinum features plush fabric that is a little more breathable than that of the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit.
- The base of the Graco Platinum isn’t as bulky as the base on the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit.
Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit Car Seat
The best thing about the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit Car Seat is that, as the name suggests, it’s built to last your baby forever. Or, at least 10 years, which is as long as your baby will need a car seat or booster car seat. It can be the only car seat your child will ever need and that’s a huge deal.
It is designed with ample cushion and support to keep even the smallest of newborns as comfortable and safe as possible during every car ride. It also has a one-second inRight LATCH attachment to make installation quite easy for any parent and with virtually any kind of car.
It has a six-position recline to keep your child positioned at just the right angle whenever you need to adjust the car seat and with this car seat, your child can stay in the rear-facing position a little longer. While this might not be ideal for some babies as they grow and need more room for their legs, it can be a much safer position, and remaining in the rear-facing position for longer is typically preferred for parents.
Plus, as your child grows, you can adjust the headrest to 10 different positions to further accommodate your growing toddler. For your little one’s convenience, the car seat also has two integrated cup holders that remain attached to either side when it becomes a backless booster car seat.
- Installation: You can use the one-second InRight LATCH installation system to keep your child’s car seat securely in place.
- Safety: It has the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System to secure your baby in the seat every time as well as a five-inch legroom extender to keep your child safe for longer in the rear-facing position.
- Child Weight Limit: It can be used in the rear-facing position from 4-50 pounds, forward-facing from 22-65 pounds, the high-back booster position from 30-100 pounds, and as a backless booster car seat from 40-120 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on this car seat.
- The car seat offers extended room when in the rear-facing position.
- It can be used for as long as your child needs a car seat, which is plenty convenient.
- It’s easy to get your baby in and out of the car seat each time while keeping the car seat securely installed and clicked into its base.
- You can easily adjust the harness height when needed without rethreading.
- The warning labels on the fabric of the car seat can get a little hot in the sun and therefore uncomfortable for your little one.
- There could probably be a little more head and neck support in the event that your little one falls asleep in the car seat.
- The harness might start to loosen slightly over time after using the car seat for a long time.
- Although there is plush fabric around the head and body, the padding on the bottom could be fuller.
Graco 4Ever Platinum Car Seat
The Graco 4Ever Platinum Car Seat is similar to the 4Ever Extend2Fit in most ways, including longevity and the fact that it converts to so many different ways of using it as your child grows and develops. It has tons of side passing for your child’s comfort and safety and the car seat secures into a large sturdy base that is attached to your car using the EZ Tight LATCH system.
It has six recline positions for your baby’s comfort and safety and affords your child up to five inches of extra legroom when in the rear-facing position. It also has a Safe Adjust Harness System to make adjusting the car seat as easy as possible.
The car seat has been tested to meet or exceed all federal safety crash standards so that you can be sure your little one is getting the safest ride possible every time as they grow. And, for convenience’s sake, the car seat has two built-in cup holders that remain intact when the car seat converts to a backless booster car seat.
- Installation: It can be easily and securely installed the Graco’s EZ Tight LATCH system.
- Safety: The car seat is made with a steel-reinforced frame and energy-absorbing foam to keep your child safe in the event of crashes.
- Child Weight Limit: The car seat can be used in the rear-facing position from 4-40 pounds, forward-facing from 22-65 pounds, a high-back booster seat from 40-100 pounds, and as a backless booster seat from 40-120 pounds.
- Where To Buy: You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- Has This Item Been Recalled?: There are no recent or current recalls on this car seat.
- It comes with removable padding to make the car seat extra comfortable and safe.
- The car seat was also made with a handful of safety features to reinforce it as much as possible.
- It can be used from the time your child is born up until they grow out of needing a car seat at all.
- There is also extended foot support to keep your taller baby safe and give them additional leg room.
- It is a little more costly than the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit Car Seat.
- The harness strap pockets aren’t very practical and can be hard to use.
- The harness straps can also be difficult to tighten when your child is in the car seat.
Comparing the main differences between the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit and Graco Platinum Car Seats might just be the hardest comparison a parent can make. Not because both car seats aren’t top of the line, because they are, but more so because they are just so similar to each other.
They are relatively close in cost and offer some of the same safety, comfort, and installation features. But the one big safety features that the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit has is its ability to keep your baby in the rear-facing position for longer than the Graco Platinum.
It might not be the biggest difference to some parents, but it can add a touch more of safety. The car seat is also a little taller than the Platinum, which can be beneficial for toddlers as they grow. So while both car seats are quite similar, the stronger option between these two has to be the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit Car Seat.
You probably couldn’t go wrong with either of these car seats, to be honest. While the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit Car Seat is the stronger option of the two overall, both car seats are certainly top options when it comes to all-in-one convertible car seats that grow with little ones.
This is why it’s so difficult for some parents to choose between the two car seats. When you have two nearly identical options from the same brand, it makes things just a tad more complicated. But since the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit Car Seat has just a few special aspects to it that you won’t find with the Platinum, that’s the way to go.