- Chicco MyFit + Booster vs Britax Frontier Clicktight | Which is Better? - August 17, 2022
- 5 Best Infant Car Seat Covers - August 14, 2022
- Chicco NextFit vs Britax Marathon | Which Should You Buy? - August 6, 2022
As any parent will agree, one of the most mundane things about finding the right car seat for your baby is finding one that will actually last. This is why investing in a convertible car seat is the best solution, especially when it comes to the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 car seat.
Since Safety 1st is already a well-trusted brand for most parents, choosing one of their car seats is probably a no-brainer for most parents, but when it’s also one that ensures you probably never have to buy another one for your baby again, that’s an even bigger deal.
The Safety 1st Grow and Go car seat starts off rear-facing starting at five pounds and eventually converts to a forward-facing car seat that can be used with a child up to 100 pounds. In most cases, that’s literally the duration of time when a baby, toddler, and child needs a car seat, which adds substantial value to the Safety 1st Grow and Go.
Aside from the car seat’s ability to adapt to your growing child though, it also provides side-impact safety and cushioning throughout to keep your baby both comfortable and safe as they embark on car rides.
All of the removable paddings that you can see for each stage of the car seat can also be cleaned in a standard washer, meaning easy clean-ups for larger spills, which will inevitably happen.
Table of Contents
Features of the Safety 1st Grow And Go Car Seat
- The car seat is rear-facing from 5-40 pounds, forward-facing from 22-65 pounds, and is converted into a belt-positioning booster for kids from 40-100 pounds.
- It’s designed to take up less room as it extends from the actual seat of your car, giving you more room in the front seat.
- There’s side impact protection built-in.
- It has a three-position recline to best suit your baby and also fit in your car the best and safest way.
- It meets and exceeds federal safety standards for car seats.
- The harness holders keep the harness in place to get your baby in and out of the car seat more easily.
- The QuickFit harness is made to make adjusting it quick and easy with just one step.
- The Safety 1st Grow and Go is also cost-effective, since it might be the only car seat your family needs.
- It provides up to seven inches of extra legroom in the front seat.
- The fabric is soft, but not mesh or breathable, making the car seat sometimes hotter and more uncomfortable for your child.
- The base is small, but the top of the Safety 1st Grow and Go car seat is a little bulkier.
- Actually latching the car seat to the back seat of a car might be a little tricky or more difficult for some parents.
How Others Compare
Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible Car Seat
Like the Safety 1st Grow and Go, the Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One car seat is designed to last your baby through their toddler years and until they no longer need a car seat at all.
It can be used from rear-facing at five pounds up to 11o pounds as the forward-facing seat belt booster seat. It’s also been side-impact tested to meet or exceed all necessary safety standards, giving parents peace of mind when traveling.
Its best feature might be its 60-second installation claim, which can be a huge difference to new parents who aren’t familiar with installing car seats. But really, it could be a relief to any parent who’s wrestled with the straps and latches of a car seat for long periods of time.
Calling itself “the only car seat you’ll ever need” is a pretty big claim, but it might have the qualities to back that up.
- The Sure LATCH connectors are designed to make installing the car seat easier and don’t require any strenuous pulling or yanking to get them into place.
- It has three layers of expanded cushion protection on either side of it.
- The slide harness makes it easier to adjust to fit your child as they grow.
- Kids can use it from infancy up until they no longer even need a car seat.
- As it’s slightly bulky, it might not fit as well in smaller cars.
- Although it has recline capabilities, it might not recline back enough for your baby’s optimum comfort.
- The safety wings on the sides of the car seat are higher than typical, making it sometimes difficult to get your baby in the actual car seat.
Britax Boulevard Convertible Car Seat
Even if the Britax Boulevard Convertible car seat isn’t necessarily the only one you’ll need as a parent, it still has enough features to compare it to the Safety 1st Grow and Go.
Made with the 10-position Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator, the car seat is all about safety with your baby or toddler from five to 65 pounds. And like most, the Britax Boulevard starts as a rear-facing car seat and can be switched to forward-facing when the time comes for your little one.
For continued safety and comfort, there are two separate layers of protective cushion on each side of the Britax Boulevard car seat as well as a foam-lined headrest.
Not to mention the impact-absorbing base and steel frame, which adds durability to the car seat. The harness adjusts to fit your growing child, as does the headrest itself, which raises to accommodate your toddler. And to install the car seat, there’s a click sound to indicate that it’s correctly in place.
- All of the safety components make for a not only safe but durable car seat in the Britax Boulevard Convertible.
- You can adjust the harness and straps and headrest, giving your child the most comfortable seated position possible.
- The anchors lock into place and keep the car seat safely installed.
- The seat itself is deep enough to fit growing children easily.
- Since the weight limit is 65 pounds, you might still need an official booster car seat after.
- The bottom straps come across the baby’s lap in a way that might be uncomfortable.
- The Styrofoam material inside the side headrests isn’t necessarily unbreakable.
While both options are great, I much prefer the more cost effective Britax Boulevard. It just lasts longer (up to 65 pounds) which means you won't need to buy a second car seat for longer. There's also a few enhanced safety features.
Chicco Nextfit Convertible Car Seat
With the Chicco Nextfit Convertible car seat, you can get use out of it from the time your baby is five pounds up until 65 pounds, so there is some longevity to it, but it’s not necessarily the only car seat you’ll need for your child.
Even so, it has enough settings and adjustments to make it comfortable and safe for your baby or toddler for the duration of its use. With nine recline positions and six different headrest positions, the Chicco Nextfit Convertible car seat definitely grows with your child.
It also has indicators to tell you if the car seat is situated at the correct angle for both rear and forward-facing positions and the chest strap and latch changes when you make the switch to ensure the safety and comfort of your child as they grow.
There’s also a simple one pull system to tighten the LATCH system and a compartment on the side to store the LATCH connectors when not in use.
- All of the different adjustable straps and positions make it easy to find the right fit for your baby or toddler.
- New parents get some help in correctly positioning the car seat either rear or forward-facing.
- It’s also easy to install and tighten for safety.
- The Chicco Nextfit might feel overpriced for some since they’ll need to buy an additional car seat once their toddler grows out of it.
- Since it’s attached to its base, it has to stay in the car rather than act as a carrier too.
- In smaller cars, the car seat might feel bulkier or take up more room than is comfortable.
The NextFit Zip is designed for children between 5-40 pounds and up to 43 inches tall in rear-facing mode and 22-65 pounds and up to 49 inches tall in forward-facing mode.
As this review of the Safety 1st Grow and Go car seat will tell you, the value in its longevity alone is one that’s hard to ignore.
Being able to use the same car seat for the duration of your child’s years when they’ll actually need one is an undeniable deal. Not only that, but the car seat also has an easy-to-adjust harness as well as the safety requirements needed to put your worries at ease.
When compared to similar car seats, the Safety 1st Grow and Go not only stands up to them in qualities but also a price that’s more affordable than some of the more high-scale ones out there. Even if it’s not for everyone, the Safety 1st Grow and Go car seat is definitely a solid choice for many.