- Chicco MyFit + Booster vs Britax Frontier Clicktight | Which is Better? - August 17, 2022
- 5 Best Infant Car Seat Covers  - August 14, 2022
- Chicco NextFit vs Britax Marathon | Which Should You Buy? - August 6, 2022
Even if this is your first baby, chances are, you’ve heard of the Graco brand. And even if you aren’t very familiar with all of the car seats under the manufacturers, this Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat review will help to familiarize you with one of the top car seats that Graco puts out.
It’s not necessarily the only one you’ll ever need, since the weight limit does not exceed 65 pounds, but the car seat does offer safety and comfort for your baby and toddler from infancy up through the toddler years.
The Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible has been engineered & crash tested to meet or exceed the US standard FMVSS 213 for safety and as a whole, it meets or exceeds all U.S. safety standards by which car seats are supposed to comply.
Not only does the EPS energy-absorbing foam help in absorbing impact while your baby is securely fastened in the car seat, but the five-point harness can be adjusted at the front to easily get your baby in and out. For convenience, there are also two cup holders to hold snacks and drinks for your little one and the cover can be removed for easy machine washing, while the frame and buckles can be washed with warm soap and water.
If Graco wasn’t already a well-trusted brand, then this particular car seat would help parents and caregivers trust it even more.
- 1 How Others Compare
- 2 Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat
- 3 Graco 4Ever DLX Convertible Car Seat
- 4 Evenflo Gold Revolve360 Rotational All-In-One Convertible Car Seat
- 5 Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat: Final Thoughts
- The safety standards and foam absorbing material make safety a big priority with the car seat to ensure your baby or toddler’s safety.
- As a stage 2 car seat, you can use the removable infant insert to also utilize the Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat from the beginning.
- There is an easy-to-read adjustment level indicator to position the car seat at the proper angle at all times.
- With a LATCH system and front adjustable five-point harness, it’s relatively easy to secure and keep your child in their car seat.
- Installation and balancing the seat to fit it in at the right angle are both easy to get through.
- It’s also lightweight for transporting from car to car or inside your home when you don’t want to leave it out in the car overnight.
- It can be used as a rear-facing and then a forward-facing car seat when your toddler reaches the appropriate weight limit.
- Cleaning the car seat and the removable cover is easy on both accounts.
- Compared to other car seats, the Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat is a little bulkier.
- The cushion could be a little thicker for overall comfort.
- The sides of the car seat come up high, so if you have a younger baby secured in the car seat, they won’t be able to see across the backseat next to them.
How Others Compare
The Britax one4Life All-in-One car seat is almost all you’ll ever need! Once your baby is old enough to sit forward-facing, you can easily convert it from a rear-facing car seat. There’s a 5-point harness that’ll keep your little one safe, no matter if they’re forward-facing or rear-facing.
If your baby happens to be under 20 pounds when you’re looking to put them in this, no worries. The Britax One4Life ClickTight car seat comes with a removable infant insert, which keeps your baby safely positioned in the car seat. For additional comfort for your little one, there’s also a head pillow (easily removable) for your infant.
You can use this car seat for a rear-facing infant up to 50 pounds. For forward facing, this car seat supports up to 65 pounds. Once your babe is ready for a booster seat, the high-back belt-positioning seat can support up to 120 pounds.
The steel frame in this car seat is amazing, there’s even SafeCell Technology in this car seat. This technology provides a crumple zone, meaning if there is any impact, all of the energy from the impact is absorbed into the car seat base! This car seat is side-impact protected too, with two layers of foam and an energy-absorbing shell around the areas where the torso, neck, and head will lay.
The car seat also has a SafeWash cover, which makes the car seat naturally flame retardant too.
- You don’t need a base to use this car seat, even though it does come with one!
- The car seat is a legitimate bargain, since it’s safe, comfortable, and can be used at every stage your child will need a car seat or booster.
- It can be used from a rear-facing infant car seat all the way to a booster for your growing child when he or she is of the correct weight and height requirements.
- The cover is machine washable and easily removable; plus, it’s flame retardant.
- The seat itself is 30 pounds, so it’s pretty heavy!
- It isn’t transferable out of the car
As you can probably tell by the name, this is a 4-in-1 car seat. One of the best parts of the Graco 4Ever DLX Convertible car seat is how easy it is to adjust. Plus, there’s also a six-position recline, which is great too. It makes it so much easier to keep your baby rear-facing for longer.
With this car seat system, you won’t have to worry about a car seat (or booster seat) ever again. You can use this car seat with your newborn, all the way up until your baby is 120 pounds. At 40 pounds, you can transfer to forward-facing. Starting at 65 pounds, you can move to the highback belt-positioning booster. If your babe is ready for a backless belt-positioning booster, you’ve got that with this car seat too!
One of the most noteworthy qualities of the Graco 4Ever DLX Convertible car seat Simply Safe Adjust Harness System. There’s a 10-position headrest that comes with this car seat, so you can adjust both the headrest and the harness without having to worry about rethreading anything. Plus, there are six different reclining positions too. There’s the InRight LATCH system that makes installing this car seat as easy as it can be!
As a whole, it could potentially be the only car seat you’ll ever need, including for your child past the toddler stages. The Symphony DLX can be used as rear-facing from 5-40 pounds, forward-facing toddlers from 22-65 pounds, and then as a high back booster for kids from 40-110 pounds. From the ease of use to overall comfort, it’s definitely hit on some of the important aspects of the right car seat.
- No need to worry about a car seat base
- The LATCH system, while difficult for some other car seats, is a breeze with this particular Graco car seat and cuts installation time by more than half.
- Very easy to clean
- Tons of different recline and position options available, ensuring the perfect level of comfort for your babe
- Can’t be connected to a stroller
- It isn’t designed to be moved often, so you can’t take it out of the car
Do you want a car seat that makes it easy to get your baby in the car? The Evenflo Gold Revolve360 convertible car seat is great because it rotates! You can swing the car seat around, buckle your baby in, and swing them back into the car. No matter what type of vehicle you have, getting your baby in (and out) of the car has never been easier.
This car seat will work with your newborn, all the way up until they’re 120 pounds. There are three different modes that come with this car seat. While your baby is rear-facing, this car seat can support up to 40 pounds. When you’re ready to switch your baby to forward-facing, this car seat can support up to 65 pounds. As you enter into the stage where your baby needs a booster seat, this car seat can support up to 120 pounds.
This is a very comfortable car seat too! There’s a body pillow and a head pillow that come with this car seat, ensuring your baby stays super comfy!
- It can fit babies, toddlers, and even young children, from a wide range of sizes and heights.
- The anchor connectors are pushed and lowered for ease of use.
- It’s easy to fit in the back seats of most cars without too much effort or hassle.
- The rotating base makes it very easy to get your baby in and out of the car
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- This car seat isn’t certified to be flame-retardant free
- This car seat isn’t stroller compatible
This is the only harnessed convertible car seat rated to 85 pounds (as of November 2016). Extended weight range keeps children safely harnessed longer: 5 to 40 pounds rear facing and 22 to 85 pounds forward facing.
Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat: Final Thoughts
When compared to some other car seats in a similar range to the Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat, it’s easy to see what the Graco offers in terms of safety, price, and comfort that some others may be lacking. On the flip side, there are certainly some aspects of other car seats, like more expansive longevity, that the Graco My Ride LX Convertible doesn’t necessarily offer.
Overall, though, if you’re looking for a car seat that’s affordable, safe, and can be used from infancy to toddlerhood, then this is a solid choice. There’s a reason why Graco is a trusted brand and when it comes to this particular car seat, it’s a truly reliable option.