- Chicco MyFit + Booster vs Britax Frontier Clicktight | Which is Better? - August 17, 2022
- 5 Best Infant Car Seat Covers  - August 14, 2022
- Chicco NextFit vs Britax Marathon | Which Should You Buy? - August 6, 2022
There are a lot of Graco car seats that might work for you, but if you want to skip the many stages of buying different ones to accommodate your growing child, then the Graco 4Ever Car Seat may be the one for you.
Because of the different ways you can use it as your little one grows, you can get 10 years of use out of the car seat. As in, you can bring your baby home from the hospital with it and then use it until they grow out of the need for any car seat!
As a rear-facing baby car seat, the Graco 4Ever Car Seat can be used from 4-40 pounds. As a forward-facing toddler car seat, it can be used for little ones from 20-65 pounds. Then, when you’re ready to use it as a high-back belt-positioning booster seat, it can be used for kids from 30-100 pounds, and for a backless belt-positioning car seat, it can be used for kids from 40-120 pounds.
It can literally be used for the entire time your child will need a car seat, and that’s saying something. It also boasts the InRight LATCH system for more comfortable than ever latching when installing the car seat in your car. There are also six different recline positions to get your child in the most comfortable and safest seat and a 10-position headrest to fit your growing child comfortably and avoid the forward head slump.
For safety, it’s been side impact tested to meet or exceed the national standards of safety, plus it has a steel reinforced frame to ensure the durability and longevity of it. You can find it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
- It has a six-position recline to be safe and comfortable for your baby and also make it easier for you to get the right angle.
- There are 10 different height adjustments so that as your child grows, his or her neck will still be supported by the car seat.
- The InRight LATCH system is designed to make installing with the LATCH system more comfortable than ever.
- The Graco 4Ever Car Seat can be used for children from birth all the way up until they no longer need a car seat at all.
- There are cushioned inserts to not only keep your infant safe but comfortable too.
- The padding is thick enough to remain comfortable for as long as your child will use the car seat and is also easy to clean and wipe down.
- The recline positions are perfect for napping babies who need to be in a more comfortable position rather than slump forward as they sleep.
- It will indeed be the only car seat you’ll ever need for your child.
- The steel-reinforced frame adds to the durability of the car seat and can help give you peace of mind as far as safety is concerned.
- There are also two convenient cup holders built into the car seat for easy access.
- It’s quite heavy, so it’s probably not a car seat that should be used for more than one car.
- Using the LATCH system can be difficult when the Graco 4Ever Car Seat is in rear-facing mode.
- You also can’t recline the car seat when it’s rear-facing.
- Since it’s not a carrier car seat, you have to leave it installed in your car when you need to get your baby out, and that can be difficult to do with a newborn.
This Car Seat gives you 10 years of use with one car seat, now upgraded with three additional features. The 4Ever you know and love now features a Rapid Remove cover, an integrated belt lock-off for easy installation, and rubberized fuss-free harness storage to help you get baby in and out.
How Others Compare
Safety 1st Grow And Go 3-In-1 Convertible Car Seat
Like the Graco 4Ever, the Safety 1st Grow And Go 3-In-1 Convertible Car Seat is designed to stay with your child through toddlerhood and up until they grow out of their booster seat, and at the end of the day, that’s definitely the goal here.
If you can find a car seat that you can use for your newborn and eventually transform into the appropriate booster seat for your small child, then you’ve found a pretty good setup for yourself. In this case, the Safety 1st Grow and Go can be used as a rear-facing car seat from 5-40 pounds, then a forward-facing car seat from 22-65 pounds, and finally, a belt-positioning booster for your child from 40-100 pounds.
Granted, it doesn’t eventually transition to a backless booster seat, but it will still provide both comfort and safety for your child.
It’s also a go of three different recline positions and harness holders to help keep the harness straps out of the way as you get your child in and out of the car seat. You can buy it on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Target and Walmart.
- It’s made to take up less space in your backseat than the standard car seat, which means more legroom upfront.
- It’s under $200, which is a huge plus and hard to come by for such an all-in-one car seat.
- The harness holder keeps the straps out of the way and makes it easier for you to get your child in and out of the car seat without the harness straps getting tangled.
- The harness and headrest can be adjusted with just one hand at the same time.
- There are only three different recline positions, so it may not recline back far enough for your baby’s comfort.
- With this car seat, it can be difficult to install it with the LATCH system properly.
- When using the LATCH system for rear-facing install, it can be hard to get the car seat at just the right angle.
Maxi-Cosi Magellan 5-In-1 Convertible Car Seat
The Maxi-Cosi Magellan 5-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is another one that prides itself on being able to be used for your child for 10 years, which is exactly what you need in a sturdy and safe convertible car seat.
It has one-click LATCH connectors that make installation relatively easy, even for first time parents and it has adjustable side impact protection for the torso. Pair that with the 14-position headrest and you really are looking at a reliable car seat that’s comparable to the Graco 4Ever Car Seat.
It also has seven different recline positions, which might be the most available in a convertible car seat such as this. As a rear-facing car seat, the Maxi-Cosi can be used for babies from 5-22 pounds and then 22-40 pounds for rear-facing toddlers.
As a forward-facing car seat for toddlers, it’s suitable for children from 22-65 pounds, while the booster mode is for kids up to 120 pounds. You can buy the car seat on Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- There are 14 different height positions to choose from as your toddler grows.
- The car seat offers Air Protect side impact protection near the head for added safety as your child rides in the car seat.
- It also has self-wicking fabric that’s easy to clean and breathable enough to help keep your child relatively cool and comfortable during the warmer months.
- There are two convenient cup holders on either side of the car seat.
- Since it’s not an infant car seat on its own, it’s also not a carrier car seat, so getting your small infant in and out of the car seat can be a challenge each time.
- At 25 pounds on its own, the Maxi-Cosi might be on the heavier side to some parents and caregivers.
- It is too costly for some families.
Evenflo Everyfit 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
Do the other options listed above still not feel like a great option for you, but you’re dead set on having a car seat last for ten years? The Evenflo Everyfit 4-in-1 is the car seat for you! This car seat converts from a rear-facing infant car seat, to a forward-facing harness car seat, which converts into a high-back booster, and a no-back boster.
Evenflo went through careful testing with their Everyfit 4-in-1 car seat. This car seat was tested at energy levels that are twice the speed of current Federal crash test standards.
A lot of parents love how easy this car seat is to install, too! There’s a SureSafe Installation System and LATCH guides, which can speed up the installation process by nearly 1/2 the time! Also, there are 12 different positions the headrest can move into. Plus, the harness straps are a no-rethread, so you don’t have to worry about re-adjusting any straps!
- Suitable for children up to 120 pounds
- Side impact protection reduces the force of the crash by 20%
- Lightweight car seat, so it’s easy to carry around
- Comes with a removable cup and snack holder
- The cover isn’t machine washable
- The head support is wiggly and flimsy feeling
Answer: You can use this car seat up to ten years! After this, the car seat will expire.
Answer: This depends on how quickly your child grows. It’s recommended you keep your child rear-facing until they’re at least two years old. However, if your child is within the 43-inch height limit and 40-pound weight limit, we’d recommend keeping them rear-facing longer!
Answer: You don’t have to anchor a booster set. However, it can make caring for the booster seat easier. Anchoring the car seat will hold the booster seat in place!
The Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat might not best of the best and it certainly isn’t the least expensive convertible car seat on the market, but it also isn’t the most expensive and it offers plenty for your child’s overall comfort and safety.
Since it’s made to grow with your child, from the different seat options to the headrest adjustments, you really can’t beat its longevity of it. While it’s true that it can’t be used as a carrier car seat for your newborn or smaller infant and isn’t the least expensive car seat in its style and design, it still offers plenty that makes it well worth its cost.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one car seat that will grow along with your child and also keep them safe at all times, then the Graco 4Ever Car Seat is definitely a strong option.