- Chicco MyFit + Booster vs Britax Frontier Clicktight | Which is Better? - August 17, 2022
- 5 Best Infant Car Seat Covers  - August 14, 2022
- Chicco NextFit vs Britax Marathon | Which Should You Buy? - August 6, 2022
One of the most important baby products you can invest in right from the start is a car seat. Ideally, you’ll want something that your baby can use from infancy right up into toddlerhood.
However, as we all know, that doesn’t always work out. If you can get it close enough to that with a safe, comfortable, and reliable car seat, then that’s almost just as good. If you look at the Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 vs Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat, you’ll see that they both offer the ability to be utilized in the same way, from the time your baby is a newborn up until they’re ready for a booster seat.
This means that in the long run, you might even be able to save money, as you won’t have to buy more than one full car seat throughout the several years your child will need one in the backseat before they’re ready for a booster seat.
There are some stark differences between the two right off the bat, though. With the Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0, there is a built-in sensor to help track your baby’s safety while he or she is in the car seat and also potentially help prevent the chance of leaving them in the car seat when you get out of the car.
The Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat doesn’t have this, but it does have a unique and comfortable design that allows you to fit it comfortably in most cars, while not taking away any legroom in the front seat.
It also has Air Protect side impact protection to further protect and shield your baby in the event of a car accident. Overall, both car seats offer a handful of important qualities that you’ll probably be looking for in a high-end car seat, but since it’s equally as important to consider their negative aspects of them, let’s look at the Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 vs. Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat.
Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0
The Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 car seat might not be perfect, but it does come pretty close to it. The most notable and important feature is easily the technology built into the five-point safety harness, which monitors the conditions of the car and your child’s well-being all at the same time.
In order to properly utilize the technology, all you need to do is download the appropriate app, insert the receiver into your car’s OBD2 port, and allow the alerts to come through your phone as you go.
The alerts can range from keeping track of your child’s temperature to alerting you if your little one becomes unbuckled in his or her car seat. Needless to say, it’s an impressive technology that can help in keeping your child safe throughout long and short car rides.
Once you get to where you’re going, the sensor will remind you to be sure to get your child out of the car seat before walking away from the car. Other than that, the car seat also as a 12-position headrest and a 10-position one-handed recline to give your baby or toddler the most comfortable seating position possible.
- Weight Limit: The car seat is suitable for children from 5-40 pounds in rear-facing and 22-65 when in the forward-facing position.
- Safety: In addition to the SensorSafe technology meant to keep you alerted to any issues while your child is buckled in the car seat. Additionally, there is a five-point safety harness and energy-absorbing shell meant to help protect your child in the event of a car accident.
- Special Features: The Cybex exclusive SensorSafe 2.0 Technology syncs up to your car and your phone to keep you aware of your child’s well-being while they’re properly fastened in the car seat and also alerts you if their buckle comes undone.
- Where To Buy: You can find the car seat on the manufacturer’s website and Amazon or in-store at Buy Buy Baby.
- Because of the many positions and adjustable harnesses, the car seat will indeed grow with your baby as he or she moves into the toddler years.
- Having the integrated technology built-in to the Cybex Sirona can help give you peace of mind throughout long car rides when you can’t look back to check on your child every few minutes yourself.
- Overall, it’s relatively easy to install the car seat, regardless of the size of your backseat.
- There are also safety measures in place with the energy absorbing shell that’s underneath the comfortable padding.
- While it does have a cup holder, the placement makes it a little awkward to properly use it in some smaller cars, as it’s on the side of the car seat jutting out.
- If your car is older, the SensorSafe technology may not be compatible, so it may not be possible for you to use it at all.
- It might be difficult to fit more than one Cybex Sirona across your back seat, and if there are two, it may be a little snug.
Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat
The Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat might not have the specially formulated technology of the Cybex Sirona, but it does offer similar longevity and it’s considerably less expensive, which are likely important aspects for you as well.
The car seat is well known for its optimum crash test safety, including FlexTech, which helps the car seat to absorb blows, and Air Protect, which provides side impact protection.
There are also multiple recline and headrest positions to give your child the most comfort and safety regarding overall fit as they grow. It also has a lightweight self-wicking fabric to keep your baby cool during car rides and to also allow you to wipe away liquid messes more easily.
Unlike some other similar 2-in-1 car seats, you can also machine wash the entire fabric cover and seat pad and they’re even safe for the dryer. The best part is that to remove it all, and you don’t even need to uninstall the car seat first, which simply adds to the ease of use that the Maxi-Cosi offers with this particular convertible car seat.
- Weight Limit: When rear-facing, the car seat is suitable for babies from 9-40 pounds, and when forward-facing, the limit ranges from 22-70 pounds.
- Safety: Not only does the car seat have multi-directional crash energy management built-in, but there’s also a substantial amount of side impact protection to keep your baby or toddler safe.
- Special Features: All of the extra paddings provide comfort, but also a superior amount of safety all around. The self-wicking fabric is also perfect to keep your baby comfortable and pull the fabric away from his or her skin while in the car seat.
- Where To Buy: You can find the car seat on Amazon or other online shopping outlets such as Target.com.
- There are three different harness shoulder heights to provide the right fit for your child — five, seven, and nine inches.
- There is a substantial amount of padding and protection, along with an ultra-comfortable and safe infant insert to use in the beginning for your newborn or smaller baby.
- To install it, you can easily access the LATCH system, especially since it offers such a deep recline.
- It’s designed to fit in your back seat a lot better than most others and allow for more legroom in the front seat.
- When in rear-facing mode, it’s impossible to use the tether installation, which can be bothersome for some parents.
- The buckle might sometimes stick or require two hands to get it unbuckled when you need to get your child out of the car seat.
- It can be difficult to properly tighten the shoulder straps each time.
The technology included in the Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 is definitely unique and overall quite useful for any parent, but at the end of the day, that’s the only real feature that sets it apart from the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat.
That being said, the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat is a stronger option to choose from here, given its safety features, comfort for your growing child, and price, which is considerably less than the Cybex Sirona. The Maxi-Cosi is also designed to easily fit in the backseat of most cars with ease and without taking up too much room, which is just another reason why it would be a good idea to try it out over the Cybex Sirona.
Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 vs. Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat: Final Thoughts
As a general unspoken rule, if a car seat has multiple layers of cushion and looks like it’s comfortable with enough padding to protect your child, then it probably is. Both the CYBEX Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 and Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat has these qualities, but the important thing is that they’re both legitimately comfortable and safe for your baby and, eventually, your toddler as well.
When it all comes down to it, the technology of the Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 might be enough to make you want to choose it over the Maxi-Cosi, but the latter does have some important factors to consider as well.
Both options are perfectly acceptable as the only full car seat you’ll ever need for your child, though, so either way, you’re bound to make a decision you won’t regret, even if the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat may in fact be the stronger option of the two.